October 9, 2023
BCA NEWS RELEASE #117/23: APPLICANTS INVITED TO SERVE AS BCA SENIOR SELECTORS
The Barbados Cricket Association is seeking to contract committed and enthusiastic individuals to serve as Senior Selectors.
Chairman of Selectors
- Ensure that implementation of the correct procedures for selection are carried out at all times and that the selection procedure is not compromised in any way that would lead to any suggestion of nepotism, favoritism, unfair advantage, manipulation of the system or nonadherence to any Cricket Franchise of Barbados Inc (CFBI) rules or processes.
- Work in conjunction with the CFBI Board to determine the selection procedures which will ensure an effective selection process
- Be familiar with any selection policies implemented by the CFBI Board that are relevant to the team they are selecting.
- Facilitate and chair match committee/selection meetings.
- Observe training sessions and all matches.
- Gather and record statistical and other information to support the decisions taken during the selection process.
- Liaise with the Head of Cricket Operations department of the BCA and BCA Coaching team to ensure that all local and club matches are observed by duly appointed and recognised selectors who will monitor the assessment & selection process.
- Maintain familiarity with any selection policies implemented by the CFBI Board that are relevant to the team they are selecting.
- Attend meetings as required by the Chairman of Selectors, and contribute fully to the selection of CFBI teams, where applicable.
- Observe training sessions and all matches as required by the Chairman of Selectors.
- Work in conjunction with the Chairman of Selectors to assess CFBI selection needs.
- Gather and record statistical and other information to support selection decisions taken during the selection process.
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 18, 2023.
Full release can be viewed HERE